Ergonomics Everywhere: The Human Connection – Medellin, Colombia, 1 Nov 16 and Malaysia, 14 Nov details available soon.
In the last few years, I have presented keynote addresses, seminars and papers at conferences in Singapore, South Africa, Malaysia, China, Sweden, Norway and the Philippines.
Presentations and Workshops (by Personal Invitation)
- How to Integrate Human Factors into Systems Engineering. Dept of Systems and Industrial Engineering National University of Singapore, 16 Nov 2015.
- Human Factors in Safety Management and Accident Investigation. Human Factors in Control: Accident Prevention – Learning and Changing from Investigations. Britannia Hotel, Trondheim, Norway, 14-15 October 2015.
- Bridger RS. Cultural conceptions of safety or safety culture? Finding the way. Occupational Ergonomics Seminar: current Issues in Malaysian Occupational Safety and Health. Cyberjaya University College of Medicine, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 9 Nov 2015.
- Integrating Human Factors in the Systems Lifecycle. Hong Kong ergonomics Society Lecture, City University of Hong Kong, 12 Feb 2014 and to Industrial Engineering Dept at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 13 Feb 2014.
- Bridger RS. 2014. Human Factors Integration in the Systems Lifecycle. Keynote Address at the third conference of the South East Asian Network of Ergonomics Societies Conference, Singapore Atrium Holiday Inn, Singapore, 3 Dec 2014 (paper 52 in proceedings).
- Bridger, RS. Quick tricks in psychometrics. CPD workshop at the annual conference of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, De Vere Hotel, Southampton, 7-10 Apr, 2014.
- Human error, stress and accident proneness: paying attention to ergonomics in design. Workplace Ergonomics and Productivity Exhibition, Earl’s Court, London, 1 Oct 2013.
- Five presentations on Human Factors to the Chinese PLA(N) delegation visting the Institute of Naval Medicine, 15-17 Mar 2013 (Ship Human Factors, Accidents and Safety Culture, Women at Sea, Health and Ageing of Seafarers, Ship motion and human performance).
- Human Factors at the Institute of Naval Medicine, Research Review. Presented to staff and postgraduate students at UCLIC, University College London, 26 Oct 2011
- Refining Human Factors in Practice. Presented at Society of Occupational Medicine Annual Conferencel, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, Sept 16, 2011.
- Occupational Stress and Stress Management: beyond the HSE stress management standards. Presented to Hampshire Health Safety and Environment Group, 26 May 2011, Institute of Naval Medicine.
- Linking stress research to organisational strategy. Keynote Address, First conference of the Network of South East Asian Ergonomics Societies Conference (SEANES). Marco Polo Hotel, Philippines, 16 Dec 2010.
- Think Global, Act Local. Presentation to staff and postgraduate students of the industrial engineering department, de la Salle University, Manila, the Philippines, 9 Dec 2010.
- Think Global, Act Local. Presentation to staff and students of the industrial engineering department of the University San Jose de Recoletos, Cebu, the Philippines. 10 Dec 2010. Also attnded by staff and students from Cebu doctor’s University and the University of Cebu.
- Human Factors at the Institute of Naval Medicine. Presented to the Department of Maritime Studies and Shipping Chalmers University of Technology Gotheburg, Sweden 10 June 2010.
- Human Factors Research at INM. INM/NMRI Academic Interchange 2008. Afternoon session (with simulateous translation) presented at the PLA Naval Medical Research Institute, Shanghai, China, Dec 10.
- Human-System Dis-Integration: Managing stress and fatigue in the workplace. Keynote address, Ergonomics Society of South Africa Annual conference, Protea Marine Hotel, Port Elizabeth South Africa, 5 November 2009. In Thatcher, A, Schzernack, S., Todd, A and Davies, S. Proceedings of the 11th Annual Conference of the Ergonomics Society of South Africa, pp: 4-32.
- Screening for Back Pain Disability. Royal Society of Medicine, London, 16 Oct 08.
- Stress and Fatigue. Society of Occupational Medicine Annual Scientific Meeting, Royal College of Physicians, Regent’s Park, London, 3 July 08.
- Stress and Fatigue in the Royal Navy. Presentation to the Royal Yachting Association Yachtmaster Instructor Conference, Bournemouth Highcliff Marriot Hotel, 20 Jan 07.
- Stress and Fatigue. Presentation to the Nautical Institute at the Royal Southampton Yacht Club. 4 Oct 06.
- Screening tool for chronic back pain patients. Presented to Consultant Rheumatologists and Senior House Officers at DMRS Headley Court, Headley, Surrey, UK, 11 Nov 05.
- Overview of the Commercial Benefits of Ergonomics. Commercial Benefits of Ergonomics Seminar, University of Hertfordshire, UK, 4 Apr 05.
- Ergonomics, Costs and Benefits. Commercial Benefits of Ergonomics Seminar, University of Hertfordshire, UK, 4 Apr 05.
HFE Team Conference Papers
- Bridger, RS, Ashford, A., Wattie, S., Fisher, I., Pisula, P. Pilot study of an exoskeleton for the lower limbs. 51st UK Conference on Human Responses to Vibration, Institute of Naval Medicine, UK: 14-215 Sept 2016
- Pisula, P. Dobson, K. Bridger, RS. Human factors assessment of two commercially available whole-body vibration mitigating maritime suspension seats. 51st UK Conference on Human Responses to Vibration, Institute of Naval Medicine, UK: 14-215 Sept 2016
- Wattie S, Dobson K, Bridger RS, Can propensity to respond to a survey predict turnover? MoD Occupational Psychology Conference, Defence Academy, Shrivenham, 11-12 May 2015
- Davison HM, Morton K, Day A, & Bridger RS. Psychological well-being, health and exercise in Royal Navy personnel over five years 2007-2012. International Work Psychology Conference, Sheffield, 24-26 June 2014.
- Bridger, RS and Pisula P. 2014. Introduction to HFI and a brief historical overview. In, Contemporary Ergonomics and Human Factors 2014, Taylor and Francis, London: 269-275.
- Bridger RS, Pisula P, Lewis C. Sustaining performance at sea: vessel motion thresholds for physical and cognitive performance. Second Conference on the South East Asian Network of Ergonomics Societies, Meritus Plaza Hotel, Langkawi Island, Malaysia, 9-12 July 2012.
- Bridger RS, K Brasher, AJ Day. Sustaining safety at work: accidents, cognitive failure and stress. Second Conference on the South East Asian Network of ergonomics Societies, Meritus Plaza Hotel, Langkawi Island, Malaysia, 9-12 July 2012.
- Bridger RS, Brasher K. 2011. Cognitive control demands and self control demands in office work. Does office design matter? Human Factors in Organisational Design and Management, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa, Apr 4-6 2011.
- Bennett A, Hanley J, Bridger RS. 2011. The ageing workforce. Impact on firefighting in seafarers. Human Factors in Organisational Design and Management, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa, Apr 4-6 2011.
- Bennett A, Bridger, RS. 2011. Work ability of an ageing workforce at sea. Human Factors in Organisational Design and Management, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa, Apr 4-6 2011.
- Bridger RS, Brasher K, Dew, A. 2010. Predicting back pain disability in a large organisation. Comparison of physical, ergonomic and psychological factors. First conference of the Network of South East Asian Ergonomics Societies Conference (SEANES). Marco Polo Hotel, Philippines, 17 Dec 2010.
- Lewis C, Pisula P, Bridger RS. 2010. Effect of ship motions on the ship’s company of Royal Navy offshore patrol vessels. 45th UK Conference on Human Response to Vibration. Institute of Naval Medicine, 6-8 September 2010
- S. Jackson, P. Richards, RS Bridger, R Agius. Occupational stress and the outcome of basic military training. Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society of Occupational Medicine. The Assembly Rooms, Edinburgh, 6-9 June 2010.
- Bridger RS Brasher K, Dew A Munnoch K Kilminster S. 2009. Acute and chronic strain in the Royal Navy. Some findings from Phase III of the RN cohort study of occupational stress. Proceedings of the 19th Triennial Conference of the International Ergonomics Association, Beijing, China 10-14 August 2009.
- Bridger RS Brasher K, Dew A Munnoch K Kilminster S. 2009. Cognitive failure and job strain in naval personnel. Proceedings of the 19th Triennial Conference of the International Ergonomics Association, Beijing, China 10-14 August 2009.
- Bridger RS. Human Factors Research at INM. INM/NMRI Academic Interchange 2008. Afternoon session (with simultaneous translation) presented at the PLA Naval Medical Research Institute, Shanghai, China, Dec 10 2008.
- J.L. Colwell N. Allen J. Bos R. Bridger C. Duncan P. Elischer M. Grech A. Green M.A. Hogervorst S.N. MacKinnon K. Munnoch D.
- Munnoch K Bridger RS. Smoking and Injury in Royal Marines Recruit Training. Poster presented at the BPS Division of Health Psychology Conference, 7-9 Sept 2005 (displayed 8 Sept, poster no. 10 in proceedings).